25% off free night award redemptions
Radisson Rewards has just launched a promotion offering 25% of your points back when you redeem for free nights:
- Registration is required prior to check-out of your first eligible stay
- Reservations must be made between October 12 and October 25, 2020
- Valid for stays between October 12 and December 20, 2020
- This applies to free night redemptions in Category 2-7 hotels (Category 1 hotels are excluded)
- This doesn’t apply to Points + Cash room night redemptions
- Members must have the full number of points required for a redemption in their account, as the 25% will be credited back as a rebate within 10 business days of completing a stay
For context, here’s Radisson Rewards’ award chart:
As you can see, with this promotion you’d end up paying anywhere from 11,250 points per night for a Category 2 hotel, to 52,500 points per night for a Category 7 hotel.
Personally I value Radisson Rewards points at ~0.3 cents each, so with 25% savings you’re looking at some great values at many hotels. Perhaps particularly exciting is the new Radisson Blu Maldives, which usually retails for 70,000 points per night.
If you need some Radisson Rewards points to top off for a redemption, you can buy points right now with a 100% bonus, which is a cost of 0.35 cents per point.
Redeem Radisson Rewards points at the Radisson Blu Maldives
15% off gift card and pre-paid card redemptions
Radisson Rewards is also offering 15% of your points back on gift card and prepaid card redemptions:
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible redemption
- This is valid for redemptions between October 12 and October 25, 2020
- Members need to have the full amount of points needed for a redemption in their account, and will be credited within 10 business days
Even with a discount, this isn’t how I would redeem my Radisson Rewards points:
- You can redeem 7,000 Radisson Rewards points for a $10 gift card with a retail partner, so with 15% back you’d be redeeming 5,950 points; that’s like getting ~0.16 cents per Radisson Rewards point, which is just over half of my (conservative) valuation
- At best you can redeem 67,000 Radisson Rewards points for a $100 pre-paid card, so with 15% back back you’d be redeeming 56,950 points; that’s like getting ~0.17 cents per Radisson Rewards point, which is just over half of my valuation
It’s great to see Radisson Rewards incentivizing redemptions. The 25% off free night redemptions could represent a great value if you have plans to travel in the next couple of months. Meanwhile I’d steer clear of the 15% off gift cards and pre-paid cards, since that really isn’t a way to maximize your Radisson Rewards redemptions.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Radisson Rewards points redemption opportunity?